Sunday, May 16, 2010

Evening

My husband has gone out for the evening, and so I have taken it upon myself to eat KD and Ben & Jerry's and watch cheesy movies.

I was setting up shelving units while watching Julie & Julia for the upteenth time, when I saw that the shelving I was setting up was the exact same as they had in their apartment in the movie! Must be a Queens thing (or, more likely, a Home Depot thing).

It's too hot to sleep with the windows closed since we don't have our a/c units installed yet, and so currently I am listening to someone doing their rendition of 'Memories' at the karaoke bar across the street. I'm glad Chris isn't here as the bitching would be endless. He hates being hot, and he hates karaoke...especially bad karaoke.

Went to the park with Paul again today. We've been to all the parks in the vicinity, with the exception of the private park. I have definitely found a favourite, where it seems like a good mix of people, but it's still hard engaging with other parents. I don't find them very chatty. Even Chris said so, and if Chris fails to strike up conversations you know it's a tough crowd.

I thought of joining the private park, although I have no idea the cost. They actually have grass at that park! And tennis courts too, which Chris is stoked about. But Chris doesn't agree with the idea of a private park, and thinks it's too segregated and elitist. On one hand I agree with these sentiments, but on the other I thought it might be easier to meet people in a smaller park. The public parks are huge, with a ton of kids and parents, and sometimes you just feel like one in a million - it's impossible to get noticed. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: